Are you thinking of remodeling your home? The first thing you must do is have a clear idea of the changes you want, and if you want to paint your house, Pinturas Condor gives you several tips to follow to get the expected results:
Painting is the easiest way to remodel or change the appearance of a space, plus the decision to paint and especially the choice of the right color are not always so easy.
- The first thing you must do is to inspect your house and determine if it has humidity problems, fissures or cracks, if this is the case it is advisable to call a professional to solve these problems or, on the other hand, you can use CONDOR Elastomeric Putty. It is a fissure healer for interiors and exteriors formulated with high solids acrylic binders. It has great resistance to alkalinity and water.
- Then you must prepare your work area, that is, remove all the decorations you have on the wall and cover the outlets with tape. This will help you proceed faster and more efficiently.
- Remove furniture, appliances or other devices and store them in a storage area or room of the house until you finish painting to avoid accidents and stains that can damage your property. If space is a problem, make sure you cover your furniture with a sheet, old blanket or protective canvas to keep everything protected, since removing paint from upholstery can be impossible or very expensive.
- Now you need to protect your floors. To do this, you should place a cloth, plastic or several layers of newspaper at the base of the walls you’re going to paint so it catches spills and splashes of paint and prevents it from leaking onto the floor when you start working. Don’t forget to use tape to protect the molding at the top and bottom of the wall and around the entrances.
- Clean the wall surface. You can moisten a cloth or sponge with some detergent and wipe it over the walls to remove dust or other residues that could interfere with the ability of the paint to settle properly.
- Seal the surface with acrylic sealant. Apply Condor Interior or Exterior Filler if the surface is smooth or needs to cover flaws or imperfections.
- Apply a masonry sealer, such as Sellacril White background, if you are going to paint with light colors, or Sellacril Gray background, if your design will include intense or dark colors.
- It is time to paint. Depending on the height and width of your walls you can use a roller and a brush for the edges. It is important to apply at least 2 coats of paint to obtain a better result and a more intense color. Let it dry 2 hours between each coat.